Monday, March 28, 2011

[Preview] Spring 2011 - My anticipation


 *Click to enlarge*

This is my anticipation list for this Spring 2011 releases.
(Staff/Cast thing later on... >_>)

*My Anticipation Ranking/Name/Production Studio/Others

Criteria A: STORY
1. Steins;Gate/White Fox/Nitro+
2. Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Boku-Tachi wa Mada Shiranai/A-1 Pictures
3. Hana-saku Iroha/PA Works
4. C/Tatsunoko Production

Steins Gate of course. AnoHana is a bit ambiguous as it is animation original, but Toradora team means that there are a lot to anticipate. Hana-saku Iroha... PA Works always fail with story but I hope some kind of nice drama. C is for uniqueness


Criteria B: Guilty PLEASURE
1. Hen-Zemi/XEBEC
2. Yondemasuya, Azazel-san/Production IG

Ahahaha, yep. I MUST watch Hen-Zemi, just to see how extreme it will be + Hanazawa ero-kawaii voice. Azazel-san is Shimoneta manga adaptation, so probably try some bits knowing how hilarious Seitokai Yakuin-domo was.

Criteria C: MOE MOE/CHARACTER

1. Hana-saku Iroha/PA Works
2. Denpa Onna no Seishon Otoko/SHAFT
3. Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai Season 2/Manglobe

Hana-saku Iroha has set of extremely-moemoe-kawaii-characters drawn by Mel. In case of Denpa Onna, Elio is brilliant character, and I want to see her doing moemoe kyuun... <3

and even though Kami Nomi is destined to suck, Hakua will make everything better.


Criteria D: STAFF/SEIYUU/CAST

1. Hana-saku Iroha/PA Works
2. Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Boku-Tachi wa Mada Shiranai/A-1 Pictures
3. A-Channel/Studio Gokumi
4. DOG DAYS/Seven Arcs

ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ Sekiguchi Kanami returned!.... Godly character designer who was the entire reason for making True Tears and CANAAN watchable, adapting Kishida Mel's design perfectly. (but I need to here Omigawa Chiaki... omg) AnoHana has toradora team, which is must/A-channel has Saki-team (which I haven't watched yet, but I think it was pretty well reviewed series). DOG DAYS is pseudo mahou shoujo/boy cat dog ear thing with Nanoha staffs, so I'm betting some money there.


Criteria Z: SUMMARY/OVERALL


1. Steins;Gate/White Fox/Nitro+
Official the most hyped/anticipated animation in Japan currently, and I'm on the bandwagon, too. From what I'm hearing, this also has time-loop plot device, but has almost zero plot hole overall. According to the staffs, they are animating the true route part, but also cooperate elements from the different route. I really hope Nitro+ jinx doesn't apply here, and become successful VN adaptation for once.

2. Denpa Onna no Seishon Otoko/SHAFT
Sadly, my anticipation is getting lower as details are revealing. Very very bad opening will definitely turn off infinite amount of people and I'm already one of them. Nevertheless, being Shaft-fag means that I have 'obligation' to love them and hype it as much as I can. Thus, the second place...

3. Nichijou/Kyoto Animation
This caught my attention just by the fact that Kyoto Animation is trying to surpass their limit... Nichijou is an epitome of astral-gag manga. It's brainless, stupid, doesn't even make sense, all the common senses went to Andromeda far away. I haven't watched episode 0 due to my laziness, but it still doesn't change the fact that as Kyoto Animation always do, might break the impossible and become another success. However, I'm expecting fairly bad result compare to other Kyoani productions...

4. Hana-saku Iroha/PA Works
PA Works 10th year project. I don't know... Even though I had this series on the top of two criterion, my personal interest isn't enough to hype this much.  However, Kishida Mel design Sekiguchi Kanami's return is enough to make me watch it with enthusiasm, I know it.

----



...blah.

Plus, I love Mazui so much for subbing both of my most anticipated animations. <3 <3 <3

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, I can't say I like the Denpa Onna OP, but I wouldn't call it 'that bad'. I don't know anything about the story (just read the short synopsis), but this wacky song seems a good match for this show... maybe it will be more digestible with an interesting OP animation.... maybe <.<

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Denpa OP is awesome, you have to consider it's a Radio rip and the quality is extremely bad. It's one of these songs you first have to get used to it, kinda like the second K-ON OP everyone hated at first but it grew on the people. Also, I can already imagine the awesome animation this OP will get.

    Denpa Onna will be the best anime in spring. To me it seems that this one will be made with a little more care and love than the last few SHAFT works, which in my opinion were lacking and pulled out of their ass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No interest in Lotte no Omocha even though ANN says Shinbo is involved?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @myswordisunbelievablydull: There is no anticipation for it except that it has Okama involvement for BG art.

    @Anon: and... I gotta admit, as I listen it more and more, it is pretty additive contrast to how horrible it is. ^^;; However, I still give more hype on Steins;Gate.

    ReplyDelete