Tuesday, September 27, 2011

[Preview] October 2011 Season - Anime tier estimation

it's just fuckin estimation.

This October season looks sick. However, I won't be able to watch any of them till December as I need to prepare for University now... >_>

So, I will just estimate some of animation's prospect, based on informations + pv.

KAMI-SAMA TIER
Fate/Zero
Persona 4 the animation
:
There is no hesitation about these two series. Both of them had extremely good reviews from its 1st episode preview event. Almost movie quality animation will be shown + story will be god damn crazy. I just know it.

UNDERRATED TIER
Un-Go
Tamayura
Bento
:
These are the ones which should've got much better stance during other seasons. Due to existence of above two title, even with decent quality, these might get forgotten. Un-Go had amazing promises with good animation by BONES, Tamayura has Sato Junichi as director, Bento has Itagaki Shin - one of the best Action animation director of all.

"It is destined to be HIT anyway" TIER
Working'!!
Shinryaku!? Ika Musume 
Sakugan no Shana III 
HUNTER X HUNTER
:
Some pretty obvious choices here. They are the second season of the hit series. Not sure about Working as all the staffs are changed, but Ika Musume is no doubt, another hit. Hunter X Hunter promises high TV rating, in my opinion.

DISAPPOINTMENT TIER
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukanai
Guilty Crown
C^3
Mirai Nikki
:
These are the animation that can have high possibility of about 50% of people being disappointed about its airing. I mean, Haganai (even though myself like it a lot) seems to be getting pretty polar reviews currently. Guilty Crown's synopsis is seriously 'meh', C^3 has high possibility of getting bad reviews from original novel fans (like how Silver Link always has been with Baka to Test... They really need some good script writer). Mirai Nikki? Many people I know was disappointed with its OVA, I think.

GAIJIN DON'T CARE TIER
Lupin III
etc. kids animation
:
Well... I don't really care either.


EVEN JAPS DON'T CARE TIER
Bakuman 2
Phi Brain
Mashiro-iro Symphony
Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam
:
These are the animation that NO-ONE cares about its airing. Well... not no-one I guess. There might be some people who do care. However, Bakuman 1st season was huge disappointment, Phi Brain is original animation that no-one has fuckin idea of what it is, Mashiro-iro is poor MANGLOBE product, and Last Exile is Gonzo's gamble.

None of them really looks promising, honestly.



I DONT KNOW TIER
Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon
Chihayafuru
Gundam AGE
:
Well.... I JUST DON'T KNOW what tier I should put them. Horizon has a lot of boobs with a lot of some sort of mecha whatever things - reminds me 'INFINITE STRATOS' a looooot. I'm just not sure if this can work again. Chihayafuru is very famous Shoujo, but Shoujo series adaptation is always hit or miss. Gundam AGE looks like... some kid animation. But they might go Madoka Magica later on with some super fast paced development.

SEXXXXXX TIER
Maken-Ki!
:
Se+ 6*X summarises this series, even without looking at it.

"NOT MENTIONED IN THIS TIER" TIER
Others series that I don't even care to give attention.
:
They are not mentioned since they are series that I don't even care to give attention.

----------------------------------------


So, duh. My 'estimation' here.

10 comments:

  1. "Almost movie quality animation will be shown"

    They said that about Steins;Gate too, as you may know, but that didn't nearly have movie quality animation.

    Anyways I'd bump Chihayafuru up to "probably going to be good tier". The manga won the Kodansha shoujo award (previous winners include Nodame Cantabile, Honey and Clover, Kuragehime, Kimi ni Todoke). The director previously directed NANA and CCS, which were both good shoujo series by Madhouse. Seems pretty promising to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anon: No. It was said by every person who went to the 1st episode preview event. In case of steins;gate, it was said by 5pb company president, not actual viewers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ines93290: Well, I saw PV, but I still don't really have any idea what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You underestimate Horizon. It's about much more than just "some mecha and big boobs". The plot is far more serious, imaginitive, and unique than IS' and there is far more action in it than IS, not to mention IS can't even begin to touch the scale of some of the battles in Horizon. Horizon is more similar to Index than IS, and that's only in terms of the overall formula, not the actual plot.

    I don't know if you'll like it personally but it's the third most talked about fall anime on 2ch (after Gundam AGE and Persona 4) and it peaked at rank 24 on Amazon before its anime even started, which is really impressive considering it's a never had an anime before and doesn't have a huge pre-existing fanbase like some of the other series airing this fall. For the record, Horizon also had a very good reviews for its preview event.

    http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-4028.html

    You should at least give Horizon a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and by formula I mean that Horizon and Index incorporate a lot of the same principles into their stories. History, politics, far-future technology, large scale battles, a lot of exposition, a very big cast of characters, a unique and creative world, and yes, fanservice. You could say that Horizon is Index on steroids, in a sense, because it takes all of the aspects I mentioned and does even more with them than Index does. However, Horizon isn't broken up into individual story arcs, there is a continuous story, although perspective switches a lot due to the large cast of characters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was interested in Horizon until I saw the PV, which was full of boobs. Wasn't this supposed to be a story so deep and complex that it would be impossible to animate it? I mean, that's cool and all, but instead of showing us that, we've been shown something full of boobs. Not really reassuring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If they showed us a lot of the deeper parts of the story it would literally be spoilers. Like the political negotiations and such. Besides, fanservice and comedy is also a big part of Horizon as well. Like I said, it's sort of like Index in this aspect, mixing serious stories with occasional fanservice and comedy. If you can't accept that then I guess you shouldn't watch it, but you should at least try the first few episodes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Anon: I see. I will have a look at it. I'm not sure if it would become successful adaptation, but sunrise as a studio is reassuring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are you still watching Penguindrum? The 12th ep just came out, I think it would be a good idea to make another post about what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete