Sunday, August 12, 2012

[Preview] Magical Suite Prism Nana PV and my thoughts


New magical girl animation project by Shaft - Magical Suite Prism Nana. This is a new PV for it.

First, I say this is one of the most typical form of Shaft animation we've seen in many of their series. Tons of slow motion, close-up shots, neck tilting shaft angle, not having a single detail on background people other than main characters, shadings and weird colour palette etc... It's just Shaft. (Actually, I can already see sakuga destruction in some frame already, lol.) What I love is how Kantoku design is portrayed very well in this PV. This is something that Shaft is good at most of the time. Remember that godly design for Denpa Onna.

People seems to be a bit cautious about the fact that their 'previous mahou shoujo series' was one of the biggest troll in animation history. I say that this one will... probably be ordinary mahou shoujo series. However, I at least expect some twist. To be honest, I really want Shinbo doing some very ordinary magical girl series other than Madomagi and Lyrical Nanoha. I believe in Shaft, so I think this show will be very different from those two.

The problem is that we still don't know the staffs who are involved in this... For the series directer, I see Maria+Holic and some Niseonogatari vibe. Most likely Miyamoto or Itamura but not too sure.

This time, they are really trying to secure that information in secret. After seeing that PV which is just as good as what I expect from Shaft, the second most important thing is the person who is writing the story... It's obvious it won't be Butch Gen again. Nisioisin? lol that means the series in chaos. Okada Mari? HELL NO.

Anyways, new Shaft series. Coolio. Must watch for me.

2 comments:

  1. I seriously hope it isn't Nisio. I like green's hairstyles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, on the other hand, don't like blue's mahou shoujo design. Those floating things around her hair look just silly.

    ReplyDelete